Sunday 14 September 2008

My Competitiveness in Memory

At work at the Crowne Plaza, everytime I get shouted at by the chef or supervisor I tend to go into my own world. I came up with a kind of original system, not put it into practice yet. Essentially, with a restaurant you got the tables arranged from 1 to 35, so they provide the pegs for information. Just convert them into people or objects and you got 35 locations. And the way I plan to use it is to see the last object with the new one thereby using the link system aswell which consolidates it a bit more. Cos like you got a visual link of the last two objects...I hope that makes sense.

I tend to get quite motivated at work cos I work relatively hard and my mind wonders for an escape. Even though I really should be concentrating on nutrition I tend to focus on memory as that is the bedrock of my nutrition. But any hu, I get really riled up and say things in my head, mainly revolving on memorising rubbish when I get home...Instead, recently I've been moping around watching the intros to already seen movies on my computer. But I decided I'm gonna kick the cerebral asses of James, James and Katie next year. They're sincerely delightful people but they are my nemesis in the context of memory.

To do this I zeroed in on their weak points, making sure I have the best system and am quite confident with it and also tried to emulate their strong points.

After looking tirelessly at the millenium standards, world rankings and so on I came up with a goal of (I don't think it's too ostintacious) of:
5 mins random words: 50 to 60
5 mins binary, 400 to 450
5 mins names and faces, 40 to 60 points
!0 minute cards, 156 to 182
15 minute numbers, 400 to 450
Speed numbers, 220
Abstract images, 120 to 150
Historical dates, 40 to 50
Spoken numbers, 100
Speed cards, 75 secs.

All the above are based on my best times and what I feel I could achieve with tweakings to my system.

Right, I'm gonna listen to 3-4 more Billy Joel Tracks then go downstairs to my study and memorise, nay, systomise.

What I just wrote made no sense, I know that.

No comments: